General Information and Reservation Policies
Please read the “small print” carefully for our Harvey House Bed & Breakfast. If you have a question, call us at 1-708-848-6810 and we will gladly explain.
• Maximum occupancy two guests per room. No children allowed. $150 Fine for violation. Maximum occupancy is strictly enforced.
• As recommended by the CDC’s social distancing guidelines, guests shall be advised to wear face masks and practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them, including any area where guests or employees queue.
• We have added a COVID Surcharge of 5% to each reservation.
• We are not currently offering daily housekeeping unless requested and for an additional charge
• We are currently offering "grab and go" breakfast to be enjoyed in your guest room, or outside, weather permitting.
• Please honor our quiet hours between 10:00pm and 8:00am.
CHECK-IN: Please call or text us at (708)955-7254 to let us know within the time range what time you plan to arrive. Check in is from 4:00PM to 6:00PM. We can accommodate early/late arrivals. Should you need an early/late check-in time, please give us a call to make prior arrangements. If you prefer, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your arrival time. Contactless checkin available up to 10:30 p.m. After 10:30p.m. checkin must be arranged.
• CHECK-OUT: no later than 11:00AM. Late check-out fee $35.
• There are restrictions on blocks of rooms that the system cannot show. Please contact us directly if you are wanting to book more than three rooms for a weekend night.
• Rates are for two people.
• The sales and lodging tax rate is 11%.
• We accept: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and cash.
• Please, NO smoking, burning of candles or incense on the property. Smoking is permitted on the patio and we ask our guest be considerate of non smokers.
• Excessive cleaning charges will be assessed if the suite is left in a manner that it takes our staff more than the standard amount of time for cleaning.
• For Jacuzzi's: We provide bath salts for use in the tubs. NO BUBBLE BATH, NO OILS, NO BATH BOMBS, NO SHEA BUTTER PRODUCTS, or other BUTTERS, NO COLORS, NO SCRUBS. If any of these or other damaging items are used, there will be a minimum fee of $125. Many rounds of sanitation may be required to restore the tub to its proper working condition.
• NO ROSE PETALS, NO GLITTERS, NO CONFETTI
• MUST PRE-APPROVE DECORATIONS, PROPS & ACCESSORIES.
• Harvey House charges a fee for use of property & rooms. No professional photography or equipment allowed without contract & establishing fees, or use of the room, for videos and/or photographs. *Including weddings.
• Limitations on babies and/or children staying: 12 years and older only.
• Please note, all rooms have TVs with DVD players for watching movies. We DO NOT have a large selection of movies at the Inn for viewing. We have a very limited guest inspired collection of films. Only the Jimmy Stewart film 'Harvey' is in all the suites for viewing.
• The fireplaces are opened and used from October 1st to April 30th excluding days 75 degrees or warmer.
• Consistent with the industry, guests are responsible for fees associated with damages including and up to replacement of damaged items, including fees assessed
for smoking within the Inn, use of candles, use of incense, and extra housekeeping charges;
• Guests are responsible for reading and complying with room signage and must notify Harvey House B&B staff promptly if damage does occur during their stay.
• With many situations involving damage, including spills, time is of the essence. We have contracts with cleaners to provide 24 by 7 emergency cleaning services.
• Guests agree to provide both timely notice of damage and timely access to the room to remedy damage.
Deposit amount required: One night or 50% of stay, which ever is greater.
• Please note: Cancellations are accepted by phone only 1.708.848.6810 and must receive a cancellation number. Otherwise they are not valid.
• Your deposit minus a $39 cancellation fee will be returned if cancellation is made 15 days or more prior to scheduled arrival date. Cancellation received less than 15 days prior to arrival date, regardless of the reason, will be charged the full amount if we can’t re-rent the room for the entire canceled reservation.
• For holidays, special events and multiple room night bookings (six room nights booked or more) the deposit minus a $39 cancellation fee per room will be returned if cancellation is made 30 days or more prior to scheduled arrival date. Cancellation received less than 30 days prior to arrival date, regardless of the reason, will be charged the full amount if we can’t re-rent the room or rooms for the entire canceled reservation.
• We highly recommend trip insurance such as Travelguard if you are worried about an unexpected emergency. Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) policies provide the most flexibility.
• SORRY, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Policy Regarding Personal & Amateur Photography and Videography:
•Harvey House B&B encourages its guests to take personal video or still photographs while enjoying their visit. All images and videos taken by guests and visitors are allowed free of charge so long as the images and videos are used for a personal, non-commercial purpose.
Harvey House B&B has the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold or withdraw consent to photograph and video (or to reproduce photographs or video) of the bed and breakfast and related property.
Photographs of Harvey House, including photographs of individuals in the Harvey House property and grounds, may not be published, sold, reproduced, transmitted, distributed or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever.
All trademarks, service marks, logos, images, and facilities of Harvey House are the sole property of Harvey House and may not be used, reproduced, displayed or distributed without written consent.
On being Green:We limit the Inn’s environmental impact as much as possible by composting. We recycle paper, plastic, glass and aluminum. We no longer offer bottled water and have a water dispenser with filtered water in the den. Some of the soaps are now in large amenity bottles in the bathrooms. No worries, they are still the same wonderful products. We’ll ask you to tell us if you wish to reuse your towels a second day to help conserve water or if you prefer to have them changed daily.
Policies Last Updated Sept 22, 2020